- D.D. Guttenplan: “The next four years will test our country—and our movement—like nothing else we have seen in our lifetimes. Welcome to the fight.”
- Bernie Sanders
- Kate Aronoff: “Trump won. Now we organize to block him, every step of the way”
- Glenn Greenwald: “Democrats knowingly chose to nominate a deeply unpopular, extremely vulnerable, scandal-plagued candidate, who — for very good reason — was widely perceived to be a protector and beneficiary of all the worst components of status quo elite corruption.”
- Elizabeth Warren: “Democrats’ first job in this new era: We will fight back against attacks on Latinos, African Americans, women, Muslims, immigrants, disabled Americans — on anyone.” “The truth is that people are right to be angry. Angry that wages have been stagnant for a generation, while basic costs like housing, health care, and child care have skyrocketed. Angry that our political system is awash in barely legalized campaign bribery.”
- Liza Featherstone: “Feminists have to fight Trump, and his violent sexism, racism and, perhaps most urgently, xenophobia and religious intolerance. But we can’t do it with leaders who would rather hobnob with billionaires than fight for ordinary women.”
Vote Analysis: Nate Cohn (Nov 6): “Mr. Trump’s strength among the white working class gives him a real chance at victory, a possibility that many discounted as recently as the summer.” | Nate Silver on the danger of over-interpreting a narrow result: “What A Difference 2 Percentage Points Makes”
Hand-drawn illustration (above) by Mona Chalabi.